General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add even more buylist vendors!

I currently use 9 vendors--I do not even bother with the non-competitive offers given by StarCityGames and ChannelFireball. A lot of them have easy data to pull, using similar systems to StrikeZone.

There are the ones I would consider adding, in order of priority:
    MTGFanatic (but condition must be immaculate)
    Card Kingdom
    CoolStuff Inc
    Troll and Toad
    3rd Coast Cards

This would makes your tool really attractive for those of us who frequently shop around for the best buylist price--I would personally pay good money for the ability to look at all of these buylists at once.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Create an app

I feel like having an app on my phone with the prices and graphs would be pretty awesome. There could possibly be an alert when a card on your wishlist drops in price. Also there could be an alert when a card in your collection goes up in price. These alerts could be changed to not go off unless the price passes a certain increase/decrease point as opposed to just a penny in either direction.

364 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

We have started working on the app!

Help us fund development: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1365447257/magic-the-gathering-mtg-pricing-trading-and-collec

What we’re building

We’re building an Android and iOS app with the following features:

1. Fast price lookup with autocomplete. Shows our “Fair Trade Price”, current price at a bunch of stores, historical price graph. We pull prices from many difference sources, not just a single site.

The premium version of the app will also show buylist prices (the cash price a vendor will pay you).

This is our core use-case: the idea is that you’ll be able to pull out your phone and know the price and price history of a card (in any printing) in under five seconds.

2. “My Collection” tool. Track your complete magic collection and its total value. Track the value over time in a graph. See which cards have changed in price recently.

Manage your “wishlist” of cards and receive alerts when…

• Have Vendors Buylist attached for quick sell instead of having to go to website

Reason behind this is although MTGPrice compiles the best buylist offers to you by the time you copy the order sort and then go to their website and manually again enter your cards the demand has changed.

Over half of my order was cut in half due to this inconvenient method losing me lots of potential profit

6 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          started  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
        • cannot export my collection to a csv file.

Get a timeout every time. Is it because its over a certain size?... This is now a real pain and almost a show stopper. Do you have a committment to fixing this and if so whats the timeline?

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Brett,

I’m really sorry that you’re having problems with this tool. I fully
            understand how frustrating it is.

The short answer is that we’re actively (as in right now, this moment,
            9.15pm at night) working on it. The reason it’s taken so long is that we
            had to completely rewrite the collection tool to make larger collections
            work correctly. The work was scheduled to take around a month – that was
            more than two months ago.
            It’s almost finished (finally) but we’re still testing and fixing a few
            bugs. We really don’t want to release until we’re sure the new version
            will actually fix the problem.

Currently, we think this Saturday (6th September) will be our release date
            for the rewritten collection tools but the nature of software development
            is that sometimes bugs only appear at the last possible moment and thus
            necessitate another delay.

Sorry I don’t have better…

• Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base