I suggest you ...

Allow people to cancel their membership and stop taking their money. Learn to run a business.

I "cancelled" my pro trader membership over 3 months ago. It worked well enough that I cannot log in to the site, but not well enough to stop MTG Price from continuing to bill my credit card. I have e-mailed several times asking for this to be rectified. The first time I received a resonse saying "personal issues" had gotten in the way. After that, nothing. Each month they just keep unapologetically taking my money and when I try to contact them for support I am met with silence. This is ridiculous. This site was not nearly what was promised when I subscribed (which is why I cancelled my membership), and then when you try and stop they just keep billing you and what...hope you don't notice? Seriously. Shut down my account properly, stop billing me, and refund the money you have stolen over the past few months. Not even a little bit ok with how this has all gone down, and I now make sure to tell everyone that this site is a not worth the money at best and a scam at worst.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jackie C commented  · 

What part of reddit did you post? Did you try r/mtgfinance? I know that several of the staff frequent there. And what emails did you try (the tech is on sick leave, so you may want to contact James Chillcott)?

• Stephen commented  · 

It has now been two more months and I am still being billed despite sending e-mails and attempting to get some notice on Reddit.

At this point it is clear that the people operating this site are stealing (either through maliciousness or incompetence), and I demand a refund of my money.

The credit card dispute has been filed and is ongoing. I'll keep everyone updated.

• Morgan commented  · 

If you haven't done so, please sign my resolution that I have posted. Hopefully this will get enough attention if we all chip in.

• Johnny commented  · 

I'd actually start the complaint sooner than the end of the month...it takes at least 14 days for the BBB complaint process to be completed. Oh, and if you haven't already started a credit card dispute, you better make sure you do that before the dispute window closes (120 days iirc).

• Stephen commented  · 

I was hoping to avoid the BBB route, but I will if I don't get a response by the end of the month.

Thanks for the reddit tip! I will copy this post there once I can find an appropriate thread.

• Johnny commented  · 

Did you file a paypal dispute or report it to the Better Business Bureau? Would have done both in your position.

• Mike commented  · 

Post it on reddit-that seems to get a lot of attention.

Feedback and Knowledge Base