I suggest you ...

Add prices for Amazon.com

Amazon is like ebay - we should track their prices too!

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MTGprice.comAdminMTGprice.com (Admin, mtgprice.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MTGprice.comAdminMTGprice.com (Admin, mtgprice.com) commented  · 

Most commons/ uncommons on ebay are listed at $1 or $0.99

We thought long and hard about this. In the end, we decided that the "price" of a card should reflect how much money you need to spend to get one of them, even if you actually receive 4 of them.

It doesn't affect more expensive cards - we accurately split up multiples of, say, Jace Berelen.

The reason why we handle cards in this way si otherwise, every common/uncommon would be listed at $0.01 on ebay because many sellers list for 1c then charge a dollar to ship.

Imagine doing it the other way - if I am a huge card store and I choose to sell 100 copies of Tamrogoyf for $8,000, that doesn't mean the price of one tamrogoyf is $80 - people expect a discount when buying wholesale lots. Ultimately, we chose to list how much it would cost you to get a single card from a specific vendor.

Finally, unlike other stores, it's generally difficult to package many items together from ebay and ship them in a single lot so shipping is a bigger factor. As a result of this, $0.99 is almost always going to be the lowest price you can buy a card from ebay for..

• Tyson JennettTyson Jennett commented  · 

I agree that Amazon is a good source for information. However, I think it's important to make sure that this site separates the number of cards being sold in each lot for a Ebay sale. For example, a card like Sunlance (Planar Chaos), is valued at $1 a piece of this site, though the Ebay lot might actually contain 4 cards. Is this distinction being made, that 4 cards are being sold for $0.25 a piece, or is it just the sale of the lot (for $1, total) itself just being considered.

Feedback and Knowledge Base