I suggest you ...

Purchased/Sold Price for Collection

A feature that allows you to enter the price at which you bought and sold items in your collection, as well as determining the % +/- on the sale relative to the current "fair price" would be nice. Would have to allow for separate entries of the same card so that you can buy/sell them at different prices.

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tyson JennettTyson Jennett shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mtgarywmtgaryw commented  · 

I have about 30,000 cards including an untouched alpha black lotus.
        Does anyone have a suggestion how I can best realize the value of my cards?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have a collection - that shows value of $355 today 6/18/16 - how could I go about selling the whole collection to 1 person - is there a way to place the entire listed inventory for people to see? I don't want to be parting it out to several vendors.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How much does the collection of Magic Deckmaster go for?

• JohnJohn commented  · 

Along with the option to input how much we paid for each card and the amount that we sold the card at. Along with a +/- option to show if we lost money on that sale or made a profit. For example I preordered 3 Jace's at $11 each and then picked up 1 more that is in played condition for $32. When I add the 4th one to the collection it lumps them all together and 3 are Mint condition and 1 is played condition so they are not all worth the same, but I can't separate them at all. There needs to be an option when you are adding a new card to your collection that is below the "Add Card" button that says something like "Add Card Separately".

Along with an option that is "BLANK" when you set up your "ROW SETTINGS". A person can type whatever they want in that "Blank Box" that will appear at the top of your "ROW SETTINGS" and it will also put a blank box in the row of each card in your collection. It will not fill the box with whatever word you type into the "Empty Row Setting Selection" unless you want it to do so. This way a person can use that empty box to type in any note about each card, such as ( Grade 'M/NM, SP, EX, VG, PL, POOR, Damaged, Misprint, Trade This, Buy More, Sell, Keep, Borrowed From, Received from Trade, Pre-Ordered, ect... ) That will fix many collection problems that many people have brought up. Able to separate cards for whatever reason( Different Price, Different Grade, Different Company purchased from, ect) That way you will know how much you need to sell each one at so you don't lose money, along with the Empty Box so each person can type whatever they want in it. If they use it to put in the grade, you don't need to worry about changing the "Fair Price Value" as anything that is less than NM/M can vary so much, or if you wanted to you could add in 4 grades of (NM/M = 100% of Fair Price Value, Slight Play(SP) = 85% of FPV, Played(PL) = 70% of FPV, Poor(P) = 50% of FPV. or something like that, but that would make a lot of extra work. For now I bet most people would just love it to have an option to add 1 or more empty boxes to a row so we can type whatever we want in it, along with being able to list cards with the same name and set on different lines instead of always combining them, and the "CARD PURCHASED PRICE" & "CARD SOLD PRICE" & "PROFIT/LOSS"

• JohnJohn commented  · 

Could you please add an option for card "Purchased" price and "Sold" price. This would help a great deal. As I am currently using the "Will Sell For Price" option to show how much I paid.

• Phillip MintzPhillip Mintz commented  · 

Dear MTGPrice People,

For Twincast from Saviors of Kamigawa, top listing is at $195. This must be a typo, because everyone is selling them for under $3.00. Please fix this, it almost gave me a heart-attack.

• Micah LindquistMicah Lindquist commented  · 

I see this as being one of the most important features for this site. If you are going to treat magic cards like an investment then you want to know your gains/losses.

Feedback and Knowledge Base